Thursday, August 19, 2010

And so it begins

I have long been aware that our food is full of crap. Crap that is not good for us, crap that is filler, and crap that just makes us plain ol' unhealthy.

I have often pondered about what it would be like to eat only organics and whole foods and how it would impact my life.

I'm not a health nut or a hippie. I'm simply a twenty-something mother of two that wants to do what's best for my family. I thought that I was fully aware of what I was putting into my body - and into my kids' bodies - but after doing some research I realized just how wrong I was.

I never knew that so much of everything we consume is filler. Now, I don't know about you, but when I buy something - when I pay my hard-earned money for something - I want the real deal. To me filler = fake. And I don't like that. At all.

So, the more I thought about it, the more I decided I was going to do it. I am going to attempt something that is beyond crazy -something that will have us scouring over product labels - something where we'll continually find ourselves asking each other "Can we eat that?"

I am going to attempt to transition my entire family off of processed foods and onto whole organic fruits, vegetables and meats - and hopefully live to blog about it.


Welcome to the chaos. Glad to have you.

No comments: