Thursday, August 26, 2010

Baby Steps

We've done relatively well so far, all things considering. I have decided that I'm not going to stress over this transition. (Yeah, we'll see how this turns out.) My kitchen is still full of foods that aren't all natural and organic and I'm not going to go out and re-purchase everything. So, whenever I need to buy something, I get it organic and if I don't need to buy it and I already have it at home, I'm going to use what I have. Eventually, all the old stuff will get eaten and the replacements will be better for us.

Last night we had spaghetti (yes, I know, we just had it, but it's a family favorite and quick and easy) with Italian bread. All organic and natural. And, just like before, it was good.

This morning we had cinnamon toast and it was delicious. Why have I not discovered toasting buttered bread in the oven before? This is a revelation! I will for sure be experimenting with this in the future.

Tonight, we're having Italian Beef. It's not organic or grass fed, but it's what I had and it needed to be cooked.

Baby steps. Teeny tiny baby steps. We'll get there eventually.


No comments: