Sunday, August 29, 2010

Must.Have.Willpower.

We've been doing pretty good with our eating thus far. We are still eating both organic and non-organic foods as we go through what food we have already purchased.

It's not easy. At all.

Ever since my second son was born, I have been trying to lose the baby weight. In doing so, I stopped buying all the snacks and high calorie foods that I used to buy by the cartload. My mentality was (and still is) if I don't have it, I can't eat it.
But, now that I'm even more restrictive than that with my own personal food and diet, it makes it even harder to be on this organic journey.
I have a box of strawberry cupcake mix calling my name. Every day. I have been strong, and have yet to fold under the pressure. Ask me about this later in the week, and we'll see if that box is still unopened.

During an outing yesterday, I discovered two things:
1.) Sam's carries Horizon's Organic 2% milk. $6.99 for three half gallons. As I was two deep in kids, I did not get a chance to actually meander throughout the store to see what kind of organics selection they have. This is something I will be looking into for future grocery trips.

2.) Kroger has organic oatmeal raisin cookies. I haven't tried them yet (go willpower!) but it does make me feel a little better to think that I bought organic snack food. It's still crap as far as what I actually need to be eating, but it's better crap, right?

1 comment:

Mrs. Snugglebunny said...

i love annie's organic foods!