Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Aw, nuts.

I am brilliant.

I am hilarious and insightful and a freaking word-smithing-savant!

All in the middle of the night when I have to get up to refill the inevitable cup of milk . Aaand then I don’t remember any of it.

Frick frack.

Last night I wrote a great post in my head. I mean, it was EPIC. The words just came to me and they swirled and slid into perfect order, creating a funny and relatable story. It was an anecdote full of smart little witty phrases to delight you, loyal reader. One sure to entice a real LOL, perhaps embarrassing you at work or cause for a confused look from your significant other.

But it’s gone. Pffft.  Just like that. I can almost recall it. It was good.  

Surely my problem could easily be resolved by the placement of a pen and notebook on my table beside the bed. But with so much genius going on in this brain, I never remember to get those things and put them there. And besides, Grayson would just take them and I'd never see them again anyway.

So, I’m sorry. It was really a good one too. You would have loved it. You probably would have tweeted it and facebooked it to all your friends and I’d get, like, a gazillion new readers. Damn.

No comments: