Friday, November 12, 2010

My Demise - Planning Grayson's Birthday Party: Part II

The theme was set. The location was set. The time was set.  It was going to be one EPIC birthday party. It was going to be friggin awesome. For Grayson, I mean. Not for me.

Okay, well maybe a little bit for me.

The day of the party arrived, and of course chaos quickly ensued. Chris had a work meeting that morning, so that left me munchkin/goat/pig wrangling, preparing food and generally just making sure everyone/thing was alive by the time our guests started arriving.

All in all, it was a great party. I was a bit frazzled trying to keep track of so many people.  I have no idea how many people actually showed up.  I would say we had at least 40 people. I didn't even realize I knew 40 people. There were no major setbacks or breakdowns - at least not from the kids. :S About halfway through the party I realized that in my haste to change out of grungy clothes into anything else, that I had put my shirt on backwards. Awesome.

Hope you had an awesome birthday, G-man. Just remember this birthday party when you're looking into nursing homes for me.


Go HERE to see more pictures from the party.

1 comment:

Christopher said...

You did great and we are all lucky to have you!