Thursday, January 20, 2011

{Recipe} Bacon and Swiss Topped Honey Glazed Chicken

Dear Readers, before the blog renovations, I had posted a poll about the content of what I was writing, and what you wanted to see.  Although there were only a few people who actually voted, the results were unanimous. You want to see pictures and recipes.
So, without further ado, I give you my very first recipe.


Bacon and Swiss Topped Honey Glazed Chicken

What You Need:

3/4 cup of flour
4 -5 chicken breasts, trimmed
1/2 stick butter, divided
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup honey
1 tablespoon soy sauce
Uncooked bacon
Swiss cheese slices

-Preheat oven to 350.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour and a dash of salt and pepper. Dredge chicken breasts in the flour coating both sides well.  Place 2 tablespoons butter in large, heavy skillet and brown chicken on both sides.

-Transfer to sprayed 9x13 inch baking dish. Wrap with raw bacon slices. 
-In same skillet, place remaining butter, brown sugar, honey, and soy sauce and bring just to a boil; sitrring constantly.  Pour mixture over chicken.

- Baked uncovered for 35-40 and baste several times with pan drippings.  

-With 5-6 minutes of cooking time left, top chicken with sliced swiss cheese, baste, and put back in the oven for the remaining time
.
This serves 4-6 people depending on size of chicken breasts.



Voila! Super yummy and tasty! I served mine over rice pilaf. Let me know if you try it out!!

4 comments:

Aleah said...

Okay, me looooves what you've done with the place ;D

I must have missed the content poll. I want stories about the barn animals. And the exes. And trifling hoochies. I want to see you listed in Blogger's Top Ten Most Controversial Women.

I will, however, try the chicken recipe. It looks yum.

Deborah said...

Coolness abounds! I will have to try it - it does look and sound awesome.

Erica said...

You totally need to leave memoirs such as the "chapters" we have discussed....and ones that pop up! ;)

Stacey said...

@Erica - I have a couple of those "chapters" posted on here. The rest I just have to actually write.