Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 07 - Captain Hook

Day 07 - A Song That Reminds You of an Event

Okay, so I'm not sure if this would actually classify as an "event", but oh well. I'm doin' it anyway.
So, before Chris and I were married we went to Nashville one weekend to hang out with David, a good friend of Chris's.
We were in the car driving - just blaring music - stuff I wasn't familiar with - but the boys knew - and they were just singing their little hearts out. The top was down on the Mustang, wind in our hair - it was right out of an Aerosmith video. Chris popped in a cd. A cd that coincidentally, he had bought on our first date.
It was this song he played first. It was good.  And we listened to it several times that weekend. At one point, David told me that this song was about Captain Hook.
Well.
Now that just makes the song ten times more fantastic.  I listened to this song for YEARS. I enthusiastically told people it was about Captain Hook. Yes, this song is great. It's about Captain Hook! How can it not be the tits?! I mean, really, people? Have you no sense of awesome?
After listening to this song for 6 years now- come to find out, the song is not about Captain Hook. At all. I don't even really know what it's about. So, yes, I'm a dillhole. But, everytime I hear this song, I think about driving through Nashville one night thinking I was singing about Captain Hook.



4 comments:

Christopher said...

Actually, I said it was about Hook. Doov just followed along.

Stacey said...

Eh, you say tomato I say tomahtoe. It's all the same. You are both evil doers.

David said...

Hahaha I have many stories about the crazy fun in Nashville that we used to have. Like when Chris wouldn't stop singing "Mary did you know, that your baby boy etc"

Stacey said...

Gah. I will be singing that stupid song all day now. Evil Doer, indeed.