Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day 13 - Spaghetti Arms

Day 13 - A song that is a guilty pleasure

C'mon, folks. Let's be serious here. If you were to look at all the tracks on my iPod, you'd be all "Oh my God. Her entire music library is a guilty pleasure." And you'd be right. I dig it. If I can sing it, or do that head-bob thing that I consider dancing to it, then it's probably on there.
But, I really do genuinely like this song. And not just because of the kitsch factor. I sing it. I get really into it. I look like a total dillweed in my over-sized sunglasses in my mom-mobile blasting it at a stoplight.
Two words: Swazyze Crazy
I remember loving Dirty Dancing as a kid. I dunno if it was because my mom liked it so much, and would watch it over, or if it was because the actors could dance and I really admired that.  I remember one of the few times that we had HBO, this movie played over and over and I would watch it as much as I could.
Maybe there is a bit of a nostalgic factor to this song, but I still like it to this day.





No comments: