Sunday, June 26, 2011

List Sunday

What is it with me these days?
No matter how long I sit here with this cursor flashing at me I got nothing.
I blame the season.
It’s SUMMER.
And I’m hot and bored and it just kind of feels like every single day is the same.
HOT. And BORING.

So, since I am completely unoriginal, I'm stealing my most awesome friend Aleah's idea to have a List Sunday. And since I am also lacking in the creative department, I have decided to make my list regarding the things I have been doing this week with an aptly named title:

Things I Have Been Doing This Week


1.)  Vacation preparation - I have been trying to mentally prepare for a drive across country with two young kids. While I am excited to be on the beach doing absolutely nothing for a week,  I do believe that the amount of time that I will be spending in the car with Thing 1 and Thing 2 actually falls under the category of torture by the Geneva Convention or Amnesty International. I've been having nightmares of my chair being kicked for hours only to wake up to find it's just my husband jabbing his elbows or knees and sometimes his feet into my spinal column.  I also did finally buy a bathing suit (Thank goodness because I know you were all just dying to read some more of my posts about my wardrobe dilemmas.) And of course, the bottoms are too small, so they'll have to be sent back. I should have known to order 2 sizes up instead of just 1 after reading that the line was designed by a former top model.


2.) Netflixing at Night - Hi, my name is Stacey and I'm addicted to Netflix - particularly episodes of Roseanne  which is available in it's series entirety on demand.  I can totally relate to Dan and Roseanne Conner.  While I'm busy catching up on Lanford, Chris has been busy watching the West Wing. My god. I'll be glad when he's done watching it. I think his headphones are grafting to his head.


3.) Listening to this song:


I know! I kinda hate myself for posting this. It's so poppy and so totally unlike me to like something like this. But I just can't help it. This might be my "summer song" for the year.  Every year has one. Last year it was "Hey Soul Sister" by Train, and now everytime I hear that song, I immediately hit the skip button on my iPod and resist the urge to throw it into oncoming traffic.  I'm sure the same will happen to Ms. Perry, but for now, I'm diggin' it. 

4.) Taking pictures of my adorable kids. I mean, really. You can't deny their adorability. (I should totally submit that word to Webster.) Lookit:




Well, I guess that's about it.  I'm boring this week. So sorry. But, I'm sure the universe will plop something into my lap that I will just have to blog about. It usually does, and it rarely disappoints.

1 comment:

Heavenly Savings said...

Cute Blog! I loved it so much I decided to follow! Happy Tuesday! I would love for you to stop by and check out my blog as well! If you like it you can follow back! Thanks! Hope to blog with you again soon!

http://heavenlysavings.blogspot.com